Friday, April 13, 2007

Unosignit?

Whatever is the beleaguered author to do when he runs out of inscription fodder?
"A few years back, after giving a reading at a local bookstore, I was inscribing books for a long line of attendees. I noticed that one woman in the line was repeatedly firming her lips and scowling at me. This put me on edge, and I found it hard to concentrate on what I was writing. When she finally arrived at the head of the line she put her book down on the table in front of me and said, "Now listen, you're probably writing the same thing in everybody's book. I want something different."

It turns out our hero came up with something, but I'd love to see what some writers I know come up with when faced with such a request.
That brings to mind Joni Mitchell on Van Gogh

Posted by Dave

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails